I made Anya this for our (monthly) anniversary.
It has A LOT of symbolism to it, so allow me to link you the deviation, both for the full view and for some explanation ;)
So, for the lazy ones:
"Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.”
- The piece title and the crow wings both come from “The Raven”, by EA Poe; the first and last verses of the poem are inscribed in Latin inside the circle;
- The octopus is the guardian of her dreams, and also a nod to Cthulhu; <3
- Right hand is posed as if she’s holding an invisible gun, that’s for her love of pulp and good old ultraviolence;
- Her left hand is posed in the manner of Ganesha, and pointing towards the heart;
- The heart is a homage to gore and to the way she’s, above all, a feeler;
- The chains represent our D/s relationship; they’re broken because ours is her first non-abusive relationship;
- The crossed feet resemble a crucifixion, because all the rough tracks she’s been through;
- The octopus pattern is from a rorschach blot test, to symbolise the mental problems she recently overcame;
- The Aleph and the Arabic letter are a representation of ourselves, through our favourite authors (Borges and Lovecraft)
- There’s a superimposed nebula, because she loves space
Well, there’s a few more, but those are the important ones
You guys honestly have no idea of how AMAZED I am with this piece. Seriously, there’s A LOT of me and us in here and I’m feeling like a Goddess.
This is perfect, my love. Thank you. THANK YOU ;_;
I love you so much!