Have I ever told you Anya’s favourite food is chicken heart?
I mean, it really, really is.
Is just like this gif.
except the size… and the blood… and the bad ass pose.
My perfect Innsmouth tee from Redbubble arrived and I’m so in love with it! More pleaaaaase!
I made Anya this for our (monthly) anniversary.
It has A LOT of symbolism to it, so allow me to link you the deviation, both for the full view and for some explanation ;)
So, for the lazy ones:
"Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.”
- The piece title and the crow wings both come from “The Raven”, by EA Poe; the first and last verses of the poem are inscribed in Latin inside the circle;
- The octopus is the guardian of her dreams, and also a nod to Cthulhu; <3
- Right hand is posed as if she’s holding an invisible gun, that’s for her love of pulp and good old ultraviolence;
- Her left hand is posed in the manner of Ganesha, and pointing towards the heart;
- The heart is a homage to gore and to the way she’s, above all, a feeler;
- The chains represent our D/s relationship; they’re broken because ours is her first non-abusive relationship;
- The crossed feet resemble a crucifixion, because all the rough tracks she’s been through;
- The octopus pattern is from a rorschach blot test, to symbolise the mental problems she recently overcame;
- The Aleph and the Arabic letter are a representation of ourselves, through our favourite authors (Borges and Lovecraft)
- There’s a superimposed nebula, because she loves space
Well, there’s a few more, but those are the important ones
You guys honestly have no idea of how AMAZED I am with this piece. Seriously, there’s A LOT of me and us in here and I’m feeling like a Goddess.
This is perfect, my love. Thank you. THANK YOU ;_;
I love you so much!
For the first anniversary of our engagement, I gave Anya…. A treasure hunt!
12 envelopes with clues; 12 hidden gifts, each representing one month of engagement, and one facet of our relationship, from zombies to Neil Gaiman, through Doctor Who and Buffy.
I recorded everything and may or may not be making some gifsets of Anya running through the apartment XD
It was awesome.
GUYS, GUYS, GUUUUUYS!
Seriously, all of a sudden I was a child again.
Thank you for this, my love. I can’t put in words how that made me feel, I think you can see by my reactions because it was impossible not to laugh, jump, cry, and run, run and run with a huge smile on my face.
It was more than awesome.
I love you, too much.
It was perfect.